We collect and process some personal data relating to our students to make sure we offer students the best and most valuable resources for their needs. We want to be transparent about how we collect and use this data and to make sure we meet our data protection obligations.
What information does Student Languages collect?
Student Languages collects and processes some different information about. This includes:
• Your name, email address (work/personal), telephone number, gender, general age, general location and type of browser, platform and device you use to access the website.
How Student Languages collects personal data
Student Languages collects this information in a variety of ways. For example, data is collected from email correspondence with you; or through face to face meetings, your linkedin profile or through your company’s website. Information can also be gathered by us when you submit a query through our website.
Data is stored on email and in our client database systems, e.g. Mailchimp.
What Student Languages does with personal data it collects
Student Languages will process your personal data in connection with the management of our relationship with you for the following purposes:
• to contact you by telephone, email or post to send you details about our services, news and updates (where we have received your consent to do so);
• for administrative purposes in relation to the security of our IT systems, websites and applications;
• to comply with our legal obligations and any regulatory obligations;
• to comply with court orders and to exercise our legal rights or defend any claims .
Why does Student Languages process personal data?
Student Languages will process your personal data before, during and after the end of the client relationship where:
• you have given us your consent to such processing (which you may withdraw at any time in the manner set out below):
• processing is necessary to provide you with our services such for example, so that we can maintain accurate and up-to-date client records and contact details, ensure effective business administration and manage our payment and invoicing processes; we have a legitimate interest, or a third party has a legitimate interest in processing your personal data;
• Student Languages needs to process the personal data in compliance with our legal obligations;
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally, including directors and teachers.
Transfers of personal data outside of the EEA
Personal Data we collect from you may be transferred and stored outside the EEA to countries. Where your personal information is required to be sent outside the EEA we will ensure that any such transfers outside of the EEA are made subject to appropriate safeguards as required by the GDPR or any such data protection laws in force.
How does the organisation protect data?
The organisation takes the security of your data seriously. The organisation has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties.
For how long does the organisation keep data?
The organisation will hold your personal data for the duration of the client relationship between us.
You can unsubscribe from our Mailchimp mailing lists at any time where you have given us your consent to receive our marketing communications via Mailchimp. If you wish to be completely deleted from mailchimp both unsubscribed and removed from any archive please contact: [email protected]
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
• Access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
• Require Student Languages to change incorrect or incomplete data;
• Require Student Languages to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
• Object to the processing of your data where Student Languages is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
• Ask Student Languages to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override Student Languages' legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or have queries about how Student Languages collects, processes and stores your data please contact [email protected]
If you believe that Student Languages has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner which can be contacted at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, https://ico.org.uk
What if you do not provide personal data?
Certain information, such as contact details, have to be provided to enable Student Languages to enter a client relationship with you. This information is collated from your correspondence with Student Languages. If you object to your contact information being recorded on our system/s, e.g. your email address and phone number, please contact [email protected] and this information can be removed from our database records.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The organisation may update or change this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice to you. Any changes to the Privacy Notice will be updated on our website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
These cookies allow a website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, personalised features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors are using our website. This allows us to make improvements to our web services and your online experience. The Google Analytics tracking tool uses a number of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics and does so without personally identifying individual visitors. If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics tracking please visit and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
We use Facebook pixel to help understand how visitors use our site. This allows us to improve your experience on our website. The facebook pixel allows us to target you with specific adverts in the future.